Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sleep Deprivation

Word: sleep deprivation
Part of Speech: n
Definition:

the condition of being robbed of sleep, in real life or in experiment, as opposed to being unable to sleep

Yep thats me I am sleep deprived. I am really, really tired and I don’t know how I will catch up on the sleep I so desperately need. It all started a few nights ago when the baby got sick. And as most of you know that once one family member has it everyone is going to get it. The baby can hardly breathe through her nose which makes her so cranky (hell it makes grown ups cranky too) and she is up every 15 minutes coughing like crazy I know her poor little throat must be killing her.

Big A, my middle daughter got it last night at 2 am (the baby ended up actually sleeping through the night for the first time in 3 days. Figures…) So she wakes me up and I ended up sitting with her in her room trying to make her comfortable for 2 1/2 hours. I finally dragged myself to bed at 4:30 am only to have the baby wake up at 6 (sigh).

So this morning I was watching Bunny Town with her on Disney channel and this mouse drives up in a little bus and for some reason I start laughing and I just can’t stop. My husband thinks I am going nuts and just looks at me, but I can’t stop. I ended up calming down 5 minutes later with tears streaming down my face. I so need to sleep.

I had a doctors appointment this morning and was actually looking forward to it so I could get away for a bit and not have kids screaming around me. (crazy because it wasn’t a fun one. Not that any Dr. appointments are fun lol) It was so peaceful in the waiting room with classical music playing that I dozed off not once but twice. The nice lady sitting next to me look at me and patted my arm and said "There, there you poor thing you look like you haven’t slept in weeks. You should go home and take a nap." Unfortunately for me I just looked at her and started to laugh (I must have looked really stupid to her) I don’t know why I laughed but again I couldn’t stop. At least I think everything is funny when I am tired and don’t run around in public yelling at people. But I never got to explain to her my predicament so if you are out there kind lady I am sorry for laughing but I am sleep deprived. Still am of this writing.

All I know is I hope to get a good amount of sleep soon and this whole sickness thing better be gone before my husband’s and my 10 year anniversary in 2 1/2 weeks.



No comments: