Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Baby Won't Sleep

Ugh I need a break. I know I am not the only one that feels that way. But man I am not as young as I used to be lol. Big A stopped taking naps at 1 but at least she was sleeping through the night by now. My Little A is almost 1, stopped taking naps and wakes up 3 times at night. I feel like a zombie. She is so different because the later she goes to bed the more times she wakes up at night.

Funny thing is she laughs at me. I will say "Honey you need to go to sleep" and she will look at me and laugh. And all I can think of is how my Mom keeps telling me that this child will be my payback for how i was as a child. We used to have a VHS tape (I am dating myself here) of all the silent films my parents took as we were growing up. There is one where my Mom puts me in my crib and all you see is my mouth opening up to scream (glad it was silent lol) But Little A so does that.

I am constantly scouring the net for ideas to get her to sleep through the night. I have tired everything I could find. And it’s not like she is up screaming and crying the whole time. Nope she wants to play !!! It is like she can function on no sleep. And I think she knows that I can’t lol

Now don’t get me wrong, I so love my baby and am so happy to have her even with the 15 year age gap to my oldest but I really am not as young and energetic as I was when I had even my Big A 9 years ago. Little A is gonna give me a run for my money, and I am very happy to compete :-)

P.S. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated, maybe I haven’t tried it yet……..



No comments: