Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ever Have One Of Those Days?

You know the ones where you really should just go back to bed and pull the covers over your head? Well today was one of them for me. Had a bad night last night and I hate when that happens. I got that blah feeling that only a babies smile can overcome, and it did. So much so until after about 15 minutes of rolling on the floor making my daughter laugh I pull something in my elbow. Doesn’t hurt just very uncomfortable.

But not as uncomfortable as I was when I sat down a few minutes later in the middle of her toy pile (because she thought it was funny) and sat on a spatula. A SPATULA. What in the world was a cooking tool doing in the middle of my babys toys? Of course no one could tell me how it got there, so I am left to assume (and you know what happens when you do that) that my 11 month old climbed over her gate and crawled into the kitchen, wrapped her blankie around a drawer handle, pulled herself up and grabbed a spatula then repelled down and back over her gate and over to her toy pile to hide it.

She thought it was funny. Oh the fun little ones can have. I miss that sometimes. But she and the whole situation made me lose the load on my shoulders and enjoy the rest of the day :-)



No comments: