Monday, August 18, 2008

What A Day

EDIT: The storm has turned so all we will be getting is rain for 2 days (and thats a big EWWW but better than last night’s outlook) I think Allison "hoped" it away from me :-)

Ah the first day of school has come and gone. I am so happy that I homeschool my kids. They start at 8 a.m. and end at noon. 4 hours thats it, then I can focus on all the other things I need to do throughout the day, like prepare for the possible hurricane……

I think we got all our fly away stuff off the back porch and we have removed all the trees (not the trees I meant the limbs) I got all my running around done before the first bands reached us (it just passed) I am wiped out.

And I saw the aftermath (like 2 minutes) of a weird car accident today on the way home from the library. The two men involved were okay and standing talking to the cops. But apparently the driver of a mustang missed a curve in the road and crossed the median (thankfully no car was coming at the time) and hit a man on a riding lawn mower!!!!!!! The front end of the mower was demolished and the front end of the mustang was laying next to it. Geez!!!! You cant even be safe on a lawn mower

Anyway, all my Florida blogging friends please be safe over the next few days :-)


No comments: